1. Dubai Fountains Structure:
The Dubai fountains are made up of more than 50 color projectors. These projectors produce a total of 1.5 Million color Lumen. A total of 6600 lights are used in the structure. The structure of Dubai Fountain is 257 meter long, which is equaling to about two pitches of football, and have capacity to throw water above 152.4 meters in air. The powerful nozzles of Dubai Fountains can throw 22000 gallons of water any time. The power full beam lights of fountain is visible from 20 miles away. The Dubai fountain contain five circles of different sizes and two arcs.
2. Dubai Fountain Construction:
The total cost of construction of Dubai fountains are 218 million dollars or AED 800 Million. The testing of fountains was started in February 2009 after its completion. The fountains is opened for public on 8th of May 2009 on the same day of opening of Dubai Mall. Emaar Properties are the major constructor of the project. The name of fountain was chosen on the result of a contest which was also held by developer.
3. Dubai Fountain Performances:
The Dubai Fountain performance starts with music. The water of fountain animates with the music. Lights of the fountain is sink with the music and water flow. The music is thrown from the powerful speakers which are attached around the lake. The music may not be listen able if watching from away buildings. The fountains also start some times without music for the testing purpose only.
4. Dubai Fountains Lake Ride:
This is a services in which you can go maximum close to the Dubai Fountains. The traditional Abra (Water taxi) can carry you near the fountains. These boats are made of wood and decorated traditionally.
5. Board Walk, Dubai Fountains:
This is a floating platform which is constructed inside the Dubai Lake. This platform have capacity to take you to the maximum near to Dubai fountains. You can stand only 9 meters away from these performing fountains. You can start a journey from the Fountain Promenade or Burj Park. The board walk is 272 meter platform and go closes to Dubai fountains.
6. Dubai Fountains Timing:
The Dubai Fountains timing is 6 PM to 12 PM every day. The show also held at day time but only once from 1 PM to 1:30 PM. The total time of a show is 5 minutes.The show start with interval of thirty minutes between each show. The same show start on Friday from 1:30 PM to 2 PM. On average there is thirteen shows on daily basis.
7. Dubai Fountains Tickets:
The ticket of Dubai Fountains is free from some place, if you do not want to go closer. But if you want to use the Board Walk then you have to pay AED 20 and if you want water taxi then AED 50 is the ticket cost.
7.1. Where to buy Dubai Fountains Araba Tickets:
The tickets are available at Dubai Fountains Araba Ticketing counters. One can also buy the tickets online from the Dubai Mall Website. Some tour operators also have packages of these kinds of tours.
8. Dubai Fountain Music:
The responsibility of selecting music and to maintain the quality of music was given to Mr. Peter Kopik. He as head of choreography of WET Company who is responsible for designing of Dubai Fountain.
8.1. Time required to create a song for Dubai Fountains:
All the songs are first created and checked on computer simulators. Dozens of US choreographers work on a single song. After successful computer simulations the choreographers fly to Dubai for the practical implementation and check of music result. After that fine tuning has done for smooth performance. A song takes 2 to four weeks from start to end of process.
8.2. Music rejected to Play on Dubai Fountain:
The Gangnam style was the song which was rejected by the chirography head because of its miss fit effects with the Dubai Fountain.
8.3. Choreographer’s song choice for Dubai Fountains:
As per Mr. Kopik his favorite song for the Dubai Fountains are “time to say goodbye”. This song is viewed by more than three million viewers on YouTube. This shows the success of project.
8.4. Baba Yetu song on Dubai Fountain:
This song which was played on Dubai fountain was selected for Grammy award in 2010. This is a theme song of a video game named as Civilization IV. This song received Grammy award in 2010.
8.5. Best view of Dubai Fountains:
For the photographers and photo loving People Bridge between Dubai Mall and Souk Al Dubai is a very good place. This spot have hand rail spot to put you camera and stay safe from blur images at night time. Place is highly recommended for photos of Dubai Fountains. If you have a north facing apartment in Burj Al Dubai then you can also view the fountain on its best. Joes Café on the level 1 of Dubai Mall have a balcony with a good view of Dubai Fountains.
8.6. Play list of Songs of Dubai Fountains:
The below is the play list of Dubai Fountain which may change with time and more songs are added in the list or may delete some songs. This list was the basic release of the songs when the fountain started.
- All Night Long - Lionel Ritchie
- Baba Yetu - a Swahili song for the computer game "Civilization IV", composed by Christopher Tin
- Bassbor Al Fargakom - Hussain Al Jassmi /Jasmi, Al Thokol Samz
- Con te Partiro (Time to Say Goodbye) - an Andrea Bocelli performance (he does not appear in person though).
- Dhoom Thana - Shahrukh Khan - Arjun Rampal - a Hindi song from the film "Om Shanti Om"
- Enta Omri (Inta Omri) - Hossam Ramzy (Abdulhalim Hafez)
- I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
- Inshed an Aldar (Ask about Home) - an Emirati song written especially for the inauguration of the Burj Khalifa on 04 January 2010.
- Ishtar Poetry - Furat Qaddouri
- Lana Allah - Mohammed Abdu
- Mon Amour - Concierto De Aranjuez?
- Mio Babbino Caro (Oh My Dear Papa) - Dame Kiri Te Kanawa
- Sama Dubai1 - Mehad Hamed - an Emirati song, a tribute by Emaar Properties to Sheikh Mohammed's leadership
- Shik Shak Shok1 - Hassan Abou El Seoud - an Arabic dance song
- The Magnificent Seven theme tune
- The Prayer - Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli (Robin Donald and Jodie-Joy?)
- Thriller - by Michael Jackson
- Waves (Amvaj) - Bijan Mortazavi, Sarah Brightman
- UAE National Anthem
9. Dubai Fountains Dress code:
There is no specific dress code for Dubai Fountains. Visitors must wear modestly and as per the basic culture of Dubai. Covering full face or Abaya is not requirement in Dubai, but your body must not be naked. It's a good idea not to show cleavage or thighs. Wearing Jeans or trousers with T shirt is ok.